Here’s just some of the reasons why scientists and economists have publicly stated why the Hunter Gas Power Station should not go ahead.
- New gas peaking plants are not needed for our energy security
- The market already has commitments for battery storage to ensure energy security
- The transportation, processing and burning of gas in the Hunter will increase emissions and worsen the area’s dangerous levels of air pollution
- The cost of $600 million of taxpayers’ money is underestimated and is a waste of money
- The project’s ability to both deliver power when needed and lower electricity prices is overestimated because there are cheaper, cleaner and safer alternatives available
Ring (02) 8574 6707 or email form